Thank you to all our wonderful volunteers that made our 2018 event athlete and parent friendly in spite of the rain we experienced early in the day!
Be a KiDS Du Volunteer for 2019!
Not only do volunteers help make the race a memorable one for the athletes, they are also rewarded by the experience. KiDS Du Volunteers are engaged, enthusiastic, passionate and play an important role in the safety and success of the KiDS Du race. Our race requires close to 40 volunteers for race kit pickup, course setup/takedown and race day. Please consider joining us.
Volunteer roles include:
Race kit pick-up
- race kit pick up is on the Saturday before race day Sunday as well as Sunday morning before the race starts.
- greeting and directing athletes and families
- distributing t-shirts and race kits
- assist with set up and tear down
- greeting parents and athletes as they arrive
- assist parents and athletes in getting set to proceed to the start line in their age appropriate wave.
- Ensuring the athletes have placed their bikes and helmet on the bike rack or in the proper location in the transition area.
- Ensure all participants are wearing a t-shirt with a bib on the front. All competitors must be wearing proper running shoes.
- greeting athletes and assisting with racking bikes and setting up gear (prior triathlon/duathlon experience is helpful)
- ensuring a safe transition area by keeping it free of spectators
- assisting athletes as they enter transition and head to bike course (tying shoes, fastening helmets and removing bikes from racks)
- directing and encouraging
- helping to set up and tear down the transition area
Bike and run course marshals
- directing athletes on the bike and run course
- use flags to direct the athletes
- encouraging athletes of all ability
- changing the turn around location based on age group racing at the time
- handing out water at the water station on run course
- directing and encouraging athletes
- setting up water station and cleaning up cups and jugs
- distributing medals
- lots of cheering
- directing athletes to the food and drink area
Post race food tent
- setting up post race food tent, cutting fruit, opening boxes
- keeping area tidy of garbage, dismantling boxes
- filling water cups
- assisting the athletes and parents if required
High School Students! Volunteering for our races contributes to your required volunteer hours. If you have any questions about volunteering please contact our Volunteer Manager via email.
Like us on facebook